Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Let's Play Catch Up

I haven't blogged in over a month! Where has the time gone? It's already February. A lot has happened. Ok well kind of. The wedding was only one thing but goodness it took over our worlds.
We didn't have a chance to do any shows in January because planning for our wedding was just insane. Never plan a weddding 3 hours away from family and where the ceremony is being held. Not a good idea.
The first few weeks of January all revolved around that. But luckily we did get a break in there for some magic.
There's a magic convention held here in Myrtle Beach on Martin Luther King weekend every year and of course our wedding date was picked around that. We were talent for it back in 2011. And then in 2012 we were just regular attendees so this year we wanted to get back in the scene. We were tech crew for whenever we were needed with the shows. I had an absolute blast doing it! I got to help some of the most amazing magicians. Les Arnold and Dazzle were my favorite by far. Dazzle is a hilarious over the top, crazy, spotlight stealing assistant. She and Les were in the amazing documentary Women in Boxes. I'll probably fill you in on a later post about that. I was also lucky enough to assist Juliana Chen onstage. She is honestly one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She was so grateful every time I helped her. And she had an adorable little yorkie named Jupena! Some other magicians I helped with their props were Christopher Hart ("Thing" from The Addams Family) and Andrew Goldenhersh. I actually had to help him with his chickens that got loose on stage. Now that was a sight! We all died laughing at Juliana clucking at them from offstage trying to coax them to her. That became the running gag of the convention. "Juliana Chen: Chicken Whisperer"
The best thing by far about that weekend though was getting to sit down with Dazzle. Or Alex, that's her real name. We probably sat and talked together for atleast 45 minutes. She's a 4th generation of magic and she told me all about her past with the magic and what got her and her dad started with this new act. She gave me advice about magic, about marriage, and just life in general. I really hope that one day I'll be able to meet up with Alex and Les again!

Once Magic at the Beach weekend wrapped up, it was time to head to Columbia. Less than a week to finish up the rest of the plans for everything.
The big day came and went quicker than I could have imagine. Lots of crying, smiling, and laughing. I don't remember that much of it. But hopefully once I see the pictures I can relive it again. And surprisingly no, we didn't do any magic at the wedding or reception. But our cake did have a top hat on top! My title has now become Mrs. Hannah Lynne Wagster. Which is still so crazy to think about. It's been over a week now and it still really hasn't sank in.
Overall the month of January brought a lot of great memories that I hope will never be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment