Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Jekyll & Hyde

Hannah Wagster & Hannah Lynne

Jekyll & Hyde: The famous story of a split personality. Who else has one? This girl. If you knew the real me, not just the stage me, you would know I really am too different people.


Most people get to meet Hannah Lynne. And that’s because she will actually introduce herself and talk to people and have normal conversations. Honestly she is the girl I wish I could always be. She is everything I’m not. Confident and ready to conquer every situation no matter what it takes. Truly not afraid of anything; always getting sliced and diced and super excited to jump out of the box to get her well-deserved applause.
But Hannah Wagster, the backstage me, is just the opposite. I am terrified of the dark and heights, I’m claustrophobic and about as shy as it gets. And you’ll never see me make eye contact when talking. I mean honestly how does it even make sense that I could be a magic assistant? I can’t stand for people to look at me. I’m getting embarrassed just thinking about it.
I can’t even begin to tell you what makes me switch personalities. Even when I’m greeting people before the show all dressed up I’m still in normal mode. So it isn't the physical change that affects it.
But the second I walk out on stage, she takes over and it’s all eyes on me and I know how to smile and keep the attention. I strut my stuff and have a blast doing it. I even hold that personality through pictures, autographs, and selling merchandise but then once the people are gone for the night, I’m like Cinderella after the clock struck midnight and the spell is over.


Now I just want to clarify, when I say you can meet either Hannah, I mean as a first impression. Family and friends kind of know a mixture of both. I can be very talkative and say what’s on my mind without caring what you think. But my fears of everything are still there.

I'd have to say the one thing that links us is obviously Brandon. Well and clowns. 
We are both afraid of clowns!

7 comments:

  1. I love the honesty in this. I guess you are a very good actress? which after all is what a magic show is all about anyway. You look stunning and you have fun so all is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly still don't think I found the right words to explain all of it. I feel like I am both people just in different ways. Neither is fake at all. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see in the shows you perform the cube zag cutting in half which is a nice puzzle. I have more of a liking for the traditional woman laying in a box or table sawing, The ones with BuzzSaws are especially thrilling to see, is this something you would aspire to have performed with you one day ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could anyone be afraid of clowns? --Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ranjan, we plan to do the Wakeling Sawing one day but that is it as far as sawings. And Ralph, because they are terrifying haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your blogs. As a future blog request,I would love to have your tips on make up and costuming for a magicians assistant.
    Kells xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the comment and I am actually trying to work on one for that now! It should be up in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete