Monday, June 17, 2013

Now I'm A Movie Critic

"The closer you look, the less you'll see"

Last night Brandon and I had the opportunity to watch Now You See Me the magic bank heist movie playing in theaters. Thankfully I chose to not read any other magicians’ opinions before seeing it. I went in there with a clear mind knowing only what people not in magic thought and I knew they all loved it.
Honestly I was amazed. I absolutely love this movie. I would like to see it again. It’s definitely my favorite magic movie out there and I've seen all except Burt Wonderstone.
All these magicians are getting mad about the outrageous egos in the movie. HELLO! Look in the mirror. Magicians have bigger egos than anyone out there. And guess what, you have to have an ego to perform. You need a back bone. You have to have the courage and confidence in yourself to actually get on stage.
I believe all the characters were believable and interesting. But now I officially have a new favorite movie character. Henley Reeves is my new inspiration. Isla Fisher played her as the feisty red head ex assistant/escape artist. Her beauty, confidence, and control on stage were just fabulous. She has amazing clothes and moved with elegance. Yes, she’s just a character but she has the personality that I truly want to have on stage.


I think the movie as a whole did a better job of making magic look cool. Honestly we have the unfortunate label as being really geeky. Which we kinda are... but you do have to be smart to be a good magician. I think Burt Wonderstone did just the opposite for magic and made us look worse. I've talked to a lot of people who aren't in magic and they said that Now You See Me made them want to go watch a magic show.
So to all the magicians out there, yes it revealed a magic trick. Big deal, they all reveal atleast one. But it’s making people want to be entertained by magicians. Truly that’s all that matters in the end.

Now if you haven’t seen the movie. Go, like now! It won’t be a waste of money I promise you. It keeps you on the edge of your seat and the plot twist at the end will blow your mind. 
I assure you Magic + Bank Heist = Genius.


No comments:

Post a Comment