Sunday, December 31, 2017

Goodbye 2017

2017 has literally been my slackest year with this thing yet. But I did update the heck out of it so I hope you enjoy the new look!

I CANNOT believe it's the last day of the year. I still accidentally write 2016 on stuff.

It's been such a great year for our magic. We had a successful first "season" of our new theatre show Pure Magic. Our first true show as partners, listening to my voice loud through a huge theatre is a new experience for sure. We found a new awesome photographer. A new graphics guy so we redid all of our marketing and merchandise. Made a LOT of decisions with where we're actually going with this. Didn't make some of the best financial decisions but who really does? Bought some new illusions, stretched ourselves with the toughest ones yet. Started getting in better shape so we could perform better. I've learned a LOT about makeup this year for stage. I'll still never be able to do everyday makeup though. You get full lashes or literally nothing. Brandon got a new hairstyle after literally his whole life. We've been updating illusions and costumes that we've had forever. Some costumes have been in the show longer than me!


I finally kickstarted doing mermaiding gigs on the side. I keep meaning to do a blog post about that... I'll get there eventually. I definitely want to get that magic together for my mermaid character. I've been talking about it forever, it's time to get it in motion.


We added two new pets to our family. Officially started using animals in our shows. We've always been missing that. Pippin, our parakeet, in normal shows and Luna in Christmas. They are both just freaking rockstars and always steal the show. So proud of both of them!




I also broke back into modeling a little bit so that's been super fun. I met some awesome photographers and can't wait to do a lot more shoots this coming year!

Photo by Nateographer

We were super involved in the Christmas shows this year doing more spots with two brand new illusions that went over great, singing, and even dancing. Somehow tonight is the last of those shows and just like that 81 shows are over. 



While the rest of the cast at our theatre gets January off we will be preparing for two Pure Magic shows on the 13th and 20th. Then after that it's off to Disney World! We will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary!! I can't believe we've already been married that long! And it's been 4 years since we've gone to see the mouse so it's certainly way over due.



I think some magic shows and Disney magic are literally the perfect way to start out the New Year and then we have some really exciting news to share with you guys at the end of January! So please be on the lookout!

I hope you guys all had a great year and if you didn't, well that's what the new one is for. Here's to a magical 2018 for all of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment