Sunday, December 18, 2016

Ding Dong Merrily on High & The Witch is Dead

First off, it's Christmas! How did this year fly by so fast? We've been super busy with this year's Christmas shows. Our new trick has been going over great and we're definitely getting it worked in and comfortable with it and what all can go wrong. You do it enough, you will definitely figure it out. One of my least favorite occurrences ever in magic so far happened this past month with the new trick. There was a freaking bug in the box. So yeah, now I check the box with a flashlight in all corners before I get in.
While we have thoroughly enjoyed performing this Christmas version of our new illusion, we can't wait to finally perform the regular version. It will be a dramatic show opener for us and we are super excited!
Speaking of new illusions, we just got our two newest ones this month!
We got our original designed illusion that we are hoping to share with everyone very soon. It's one that a friend has been suggesting we get for years and once we finally came up with a unique presentation we liked we decided to order it. It's so gorgeous and definitely our new favorite baby. We finished choreographing it last week and have been showing it off for some opinions and it's gotten great responses so far. And it gave me my most unique bruise to date.
New illusion in it's shipping crate. It's a secret ;) 
Then we got an illusion that we both have wanted for quite a while. Hint, it's helping me defy gravity for the first time! The title of this blog is also a hint. So wicked fun but much harder than we both anticipated. I literally cannot wait to get this illusion completed. Fun fact, I'm super terrified of heights so rehearing this illusion has been extremely difficult for me. I'm trying to keep my cool but I'm definitely crying on the inside every time I'm in the air. And I got bruises in interesting places from the first couple days of rehearsing it. I swear all I do is get bruises with this job.

This month was also Luna's 2nd Birthday! We can't believe how grown up our baby girl is! She's almost completed her 2nd training class and she'll be back in the shows next year. We are hoping to get her appearance built soon. Today she learned where her "place" is on stage and the commands Dance and Play Dead. She's so smart and we can't wait to show everyone what all she has learned over the past few months. Luna also, thankfully, has discovered she LOVES illusions. Her favorite person is a magician friend of ours named Caleb Alexander and he's been letting her play in his illusion and she has loved every second of it. She truly is a magic dog!

I'm super happy to say yesterday we had our last matinee Christmas show at the theatre so things will finally slow down just a little bit. It's not too late to come see the show though. We will continue it until January 1st so make sure you come see The Christmas Show of the South! You can purchase tickets through here:
http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchaseorgid=40429&schedule=list&group_id=620339

 Merry Christmas Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment