Monday, September 8, 2014

Final Bows at the Beach

Long time no blog.
I apologize for taking so long to post again. Summer is a little insane to say in the least. Life has been changing drastically. Some good things, some bad things.
First things first, summer ended officially on August 27th for us. We think we did 47 shows and 13 magic classes but there may have been more. Oops. Shows went a little different this year, I did a lot more in the show like we planned which started out really bad but got better once we found the balance.
 We started to find a good schedule and get in the swing of things. Then our dog got hurt. Or so we thought. We had a lot of back and forth emergency vet visits, medicines, and very long nights. Then on the morning of August 7th she got sick, really sick and we just knew she was leaving us. I made the hardest decision of my life on August 8th by putting my best friend of 11 years out of suffering. Turns out we think she had kidney cancer. It was a long summer for all 3 of us.
Shows have been difficult lately. It's been hard to keep my shine onstage. It's hard to pretend to be happy to make others happy. I know she is healed and no longer hurting but my heart has never felt so broken and empty. Only time can heal wounds this deep. Life goes on even with it's storms and we learn to cope. We get stronger.
We made the decision around March or April to move our lives on to another place. This season of us living in Myrtle Beach is wrapping up. We've decided to not make a huge deal out of it and people will really only find out through either reading this or our newsletter which you can sign up for here: http://eepurl.com/FjeKH. We are moving to the upstate here in South Carolina, the Greenville area. Not only will it be easier for travel (we can hit all surrounding states in 2 hours) but it also will be more year round work. Obviously when living at the beach it is seasonal work for only 3 months.
We have loved living here and of course we will miss it but we really feel as though we are being called to move. It's been a great 2 1/2 years and so many wonderful people have helped us feel at home here.
Even just this summer we have done some really exciting things like perform at The Alabama Theatre for over 1400 people. Still waiting to get the photos from that but I promise they will get posted. We will never forget all the awesome memories we have made here. The beach will always be part of us, it was our first home together. Our careers really started here. We will always come back and perform here, visit here. The salty air and waves are medication to my soul and honestly it worries me to think how I can go without it soon. I guess I'll have to get a CD that has the sounds of waves on it.
Right now it's September and we are moving in October, I know we aren't giving much warning but this was a decision that we made and wanted to keep it to ourselves while we finalized things. So from the beach to the mountains we go! We found a place this past weekend and we are already so in love with our new town. It will be nice being closer to what used to be home to us. Family will only be about 1 1/2 hours as opposed to 3. It will be much easier to come and go as we please and we can raise our own family there. (No, not yet. Just planning ahead.)
I feel like I'm rambling, there's so much I wanted to say before over the past couple of months and never got to but now those things don't seem so important in the big scheme of things. This chapter of our life has come to an end, we are turning the page to start the next part and I can't wait to see where it takes us. Please keep us in your prayers and we will keep you updated with how things are moving along.

6 comments:

  1. Hey! Welcome to the upstate you guys! You will love it here. Where is your new place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We will be in Powdersville/Easley area. It's so gorgeous there!

      Delete
  2. Hey, that's not too far from me! Greenville has tons to offer. I would love to catch up sometime, once you get settled. I look forward to hearing from you! - Daniel Altman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember: Paige lives in Charlotte ;]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess you guys will have to come to the beach now to come see me!

    ReplyDelete