Sunday, February 9, 2014

Country Conditions & Disney Discoveries

Weird title right? I'm going to discuss two different topics in this blog.
First is "Country Conditions".This is referring to the big show we had on January 18th in Augusta, GA. It was for 4600 people and it was at a bull riding fundraiser. Yes, you read that right. We performed in an arena on an 8 x 8 ft platform where bulls had just been bucking around. This meant lots of not so awesome smells and lots of cow patties. Which to me was kind of normal. I grew up around the rodeo so I am as country as it gets. I loved it. My sweet city boy husband magician guy struggled a little. He stepped in a cow patty and didn't find it nearly as funny as we did. That night was insane, but such a blast. We even had to wear country outfits. It was awesome!
So after we finished up with that show, we headed to Columbia for a short break before our anniversary trip to Disney World. It was my first trip there and to be honest I wouldn't have thought much about work would have come up. Or atleast that was the plan. No Brandon didn't do magic for anyone and we really didn't talk about it for the most part. But one particular night an interesting topic came up that sparked an idea for this.
We were eating at Coral Reef in Epcot (you may have seen it on an episode of Full House) across from a very loud family, but like I said, an interesting conversation came up. Yay for eavesdropping. This mom was going off on a fit about how some princesses were ruder than others. I know at first I was like well duh. But then as we listened more she really went into depth about it. She talked about how Cinderella wasn't as nice as the others. Then the more she thought about it she decided well maybe she had a bad day or something. They don't know what might be going on in her life right now.
This thought amazed me. Of course these poor princesses go through some of the same stuff we do. No matter what, everyone expects you to be super happy bubbly awesome mood when you first meet them. I couldn't count all the days when I have been having a rough time and sometimes it's just hard to keep a smile on your face. But fans don't think through stuff like that. And it's part of our job to not show if something is wrong. I actually had gotten kind of offended by how some of the characters acted but once the lady said that, it all clicked and I took it all back. 

Princess Ariel, Rapunzel, Snow White, & Cinderella


While it really is hard somedays just to keep it together, there is still nothing in the world like someone wanting to take a photo with you or getting an autograph from you. I was so excited about meeting all the princesses. Especially Ariel of course. I felt like a little kid, it was just an awesome experience. And it's funny to think how some people do that with us. Not usually me necessarily. But I see the way that little boys look up to Brandon. He does magic. They just think it's the coolest thing ever. Seeing them smile like that is just one of the best things in the world!

"When you are hugging a child, always be the last one to let go. You never know how long they need it."
- Words from a retired Snow White

No comments:

Post a Comment